2011/04/19

Ski Run Ski

The skiing continued to be good well into March, so it was nice to mix a bit of that in with beginning to bike and run.  Once the roads were cleared the car got a bit of a break, and I've been riding to work almost every day since.  I've even spent a couple weekends at home, which was great.  I got some skiing in on the second of April with Blake and Bjorn, adding another month that I've skied in.  Theodore Wirth was surprisingly good still, especially the man made section.
After that the running started in earnest, not much time left until trail mix after all.  I ran 6 days in a row one week, probably my best streak since high school.  After that though my knee started to bug me, so I'm going to dial it back a bit once trail mix is over.  It seems like my legs can handle long distance fine, but they just need plenty of recovery between runs.
The spring biking series has also kicked off.  I'm currently leading KOM points, but am third in sprint points behind Mike and Jim.  Got one great gravel ride in with Ben, Curtis, and crew on a Tuesday evening as well.
In other news my friend Gary is getting married in a couple weeks and his bachelors party was last weekend.  We played paintball which was a surprisingly good time, and did a bit of drinking as well.  I mixed a whiskey sour and an amaretto sour together to make a pretty good drink, and that was it for me at the bars.  When we got back to Gary's place he made me a white russian that had very little white in it, then I was ready to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment