2014/04/23

All or nothing

I had a project going on at work yesterday over lunch time and missed my chance to get out and run with Nichole or bike with the EMVC crew. This meant if I was going to run it would be on my own after work. I haven’t done a hard running workout by myself in a while, usually I am running with someone around town, or else I do the hard workout as a bike or rollerski instead. This made the task of getting out the door for a hard workout a daunting one and I was strongly debating taking the day off. Never did I seriously entertain the thought of just going out for an easy run, it was all or nothing. Is it crazy to have this mindset, that if I am not going to do my target workout it isn’t worth going out at all? What do you think dear reader, are you more likely to make a workout easier to get yourself out the door, or just give up all together and take the day off?

Once I was out running I gave myself the option of reducing the number of intervals I wanted to do, but never really thought about cutting the workout short. When it was time to go hard I looked forward to it, easy miles were not what I wanted today. The times were not quite on, but the effort was there for the most part, so I’m ok with that.

On a different note we got a new organization chart at work today, and here is the strategic overview. Since I didn’t have any shiny new pictures to put up today, you’ll have to settle for this.


Pretty sure I’m not giving away and company secrets by putting that fella up on the blog. Companies generally try to focus on growth while maintaining their current business. I’m ostensibly affected by these changes, and even I don’t gain any insight from this diagram. Does it mean that our growth engine (whatever that is) should be as large of a focus as core operations? The circles are the same size after all. What is in the overlapping region, resources, personnel, “focus”, heck if I know. What I do know is it will help us “keep mediocrity at bay”, and who doesn’t want that!

No comments:

Post a Comment