2014/12/28

A Solo Birkie Journey

My friend Jeff and I have a longstanding tradition of heading up to the Birkie trail the day after Christmas for a big day of skiing. I have been going up every year since at least 2008. I brought my brother and sister up with me a couple years, and Jeff has come with the last 4 years. This year he decided going to work to feed his family was more important than playing in the snow, so I headed up solo. This year it was warm with fresh snow, so it made for slow going. The scenery was absolutely amazing though. After leaving a brown Northfield I was thrilled to get home to a white Christmas, and even more happy to see a snow covered Birkie trail the next day. Here are a couple pictures from the day.

Fresh snow everywhere

Classic Trail High Point, with a classy sign

Powerline - Where the grooming ends

North End Cabin - a vision of Paradise

Birkie Ridge, I really wanted to stop here when running the marathon this fall, so I took the opportunity now. Dropping my camera in the snow was a great way to add a blur filter to this shot.

Hanging out with the coolest cat North of OO
That's all for now. There should be a year end post headed your way later in the week. Until then have a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment