2015/07/28

Party Time

After a few busy weekends of racing it was time to take a weekend just to relax and catch up with some friends. Plus we are in to the heart of summer, so there are plenty of outdoor opportunities for relaxing and socializing (plus plenty of daylight for working out besides).

Adam and Audrey were having a get together, and my friend Sarah's parents are selling their amazing house and were having a party to say goodbye to it. Both events gave me a chance to catch up to people I hadn't seen in quite a while, some since I was in highschool.

Saying goodbye to Sarah's family house was a great nostalgic experience, just getting to wander around and remember all the fun I had there, all the cookies baked, study sessions for various classes, many games of Foosball, movie watching, time hanging out and talking, and lots more fun besides.

Goodbye House!
Aside from the walk down memory lane it was really interesting to look at the layout and architecture of the house now that I am also a home owner. Everything in the house is gorgeous and designed just the way the family wanted, but there are definitely things I would do differently if I were designing my own house, mostly because I have different hobbies and interests than this family. Some things, like the hidden door behind the bookcase leading to the master bath, the greenhouse built as part of the south side of the house, the multiple patios, and the fire pole between their sons office and bedroom are really, really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment