2011/10/26

So maybe Wednesday should become the new post day, that seems to work out a bit better the way work and everything has been going as of late.  I have morning meetings three out of five mornings anymore, so I'm going to try to get one of those cancelled, the Wednesday one actually, which would give me even more time that day.  Did I post at all last week, I suddenly can't remember.  Things are finally settling down at work so I have time to breathe a bit, and things at home are settling down a bit too.
  I have had a mess of a time trying to get a legal copy of Windows 7 installed on my computer.  My friend David gave me an extra copy he had around, and who can say no to cool free stuff.  Well, after a week of installing and reinstalling trying to get this copy to work I finally gave up and pirated it.  The sad part is that took all of 3 minutes to figure out, get the software for, and complete the installation.  The bad part now is that the HDD I installed it on is failing, so I have to get a new HDD and install it yet again.  I now have another few things to try to get the legal copy working, so I may yet have a legal copy of Windows running soon, the first time in about 10 years I can say that.  As many copies of Windows XP as I have purchased for system builds over it's illustrious life span, I've never owned a copy myself.  That was my revenge against Microsoft for selling me Windows ME, but now with Windows 7 that grudge is settled, and I have a job that pays me money, so it's time to pay up.  As frustrated as I am about having to install windows yet again, I am pretty excited to be going to a SSD.  Good and bad of that is my Mobo only supports SATA II, so I get a slower drive than is available, but that also makes it a much cheaper drive, so good for my budget, which has been stretched right to the point of breaking the last few months, and with West Yellowstone and Christmas coming up probably will continue to get worse before it gets better.
  I also finished up all the major work on my boat project finally, just a few small details left to finish, and none of those actually prevent me from putting the boat in the water, so hopefully I can try it out yet this year before things start to ice up.

  Even if there is no ice about, there has been frost, so I finally totaled out my garden for the year.  I have probably 10 pounds or more of potatoes, and over 5 pounds of tomatoes, so I need to figure out some recipies to use these babies up.  I tried my first one Monday night, fried green tomatoes!  They turned out to be far more tasty than I expected actually, and I used the leftover egg/milk and flour to make a few pancakes when I had all the tomatoes fried, so no ingredients were wasted in the making of this meal.
I've gotten to exercise 3 days in a row now, so that is a big win too.  Running a mere 10k left me pretty sore the next day, so I need to get my act together quick, Yellowstone is not that far away.
  One last fun fact, I am going through my song of the day collection sorting out songs that I like, and I came across a Daredevil Christoper Wright song, the band my friend John Sunde is the lead singer for, so I was super pumped about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment