2012/01/13

A decidedly not white Christmas

With the complete lack of snow dimming my enthusiasm to ski I got to spend a few fun Christmas days with my family.  On Christmas Eve we went to my maternal grandparents in Southern Minnesota, a first for the wayward Cardinal branch of the family.  It was fun to catch up to cousins who are in college and buying houses and other grown up stuff.  The realization that I'm aging is catching up to me this year for some reason.  Anyway, Christmas!!  Nothing spectacular really, but great to spend time with family that I don't see often enough.  It was odd sleeping in my own bed on Christmas eve, I don't know if that has happened since I moved out of my parents house.
Since this is so late getting posted I'll also include second Christmas with my mom's family at my cousin Andrea's.  She has a nice, newly purchased house in Mankato and we got together to play games, eat chillie, and drink wine.  Me and my cousin Allie almost won the game of life (not as exiting as winning actual life, but maybe more exciting that winning the cereal life) and I tried my hand (ear) at madgabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment