2015/04/09

Easing Off

Last week was supposed to be my final big mileage week before beginning to taper, but the week got busy and I only ended up with around 60 miles. Oh well, I got a few good training weeks in anyway and I got in my hard goal workouts for the week, so I'm feeling more and more ready. Now I just have to keep myself from trying to do too much as my legs finally recover from the last few hard weeks and hopefully start to feel springy leading up to race day.

I've done my last few hard workouts with Jeff, and seem to have found that extra gear that has been missing most of the spring. My tempo work had been pretty consistently around 5:50/mi pace or a bit slower. Having someone else there to run with my paces dropped down to 5:40 or a bit below and have just felt smooth. Still not quite down to the paces I was hitting before Grandma's last year, but I'm pretty excited to have my running shape come around and I'm getting more and more excited about racing in a couple weeks. Jeff is getting much faster for sure, and now can easily keep me in sight during the tempo segments. He will be one to watch out for at Grandma's this year!

Since my streak of not taking pictures for the blog is still continuing I'll keep this post short since it will be visually uninteresting. I haven't been home much in the last couple weeks between some babysitting for the neighbors, several trips up to the cities to run with Jeff or hang out with a friend, the end of the year Vakava party, and even a fun movie night thrown in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment