2010/10/18

Travis's Wedding

Saturday afternoon was my friend and fellow skier Travis's wedding.  The ceremony was held at French park and officiated by another friend and skier Bjorn.  The homily compared marriage to sking the Birkie, an analogy that probably half the crowd or less could directly relate too, but there was good humor and gems of wisdom scattered throughout that everyone could relate to.  It was great catching up to some skiiers I hadn't seen in quite a while, but will hopefully see more of soon when the snow flies.  The food at the reception was good and I did a lot of dancing (which was fun but I can't really ever classify my dancing as good, with the possible exception of DDR).  I also had Bjorn put a burning candle in my lap then try to make me laugh so I end up with hot wax all over my pants.  It's a bit disconcerting at times that this guy is going to be a doctor and entrusted with peoples lives, but he knows when to be serious, as his ski racing can attest to.  Sunday we met at French park again for sub sandwiches (over 20 feet of them in fact) and some frisbee.  A good time was had by all, and I got along with Travis and his wife Amy's friends pretty well.  All in all a great weekend, and I even have left over wedding cake still waiting for me at home.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment