2010/10/26

Weekend Off

The motivation to train still is a bit on the low side, but there is snow out west now, so I better get my rear in gear or I'm going to be hurting on the West Yellowstone trip next month.  I did get out for 75 min or so in the rain on Saturday, and I'm going to go out and run or something tonight, skipping that is not an option.  I have a 5k race this weekend, so I'm thinking top end speed work might be in order.  I know it's kind of bogus to do one speed workout and expect it to make a difference in a race, but my conditioning is pretty good, just need to get in the game mentally to put up a fast time I think.  I did mile repeats a couple weeks ago and coasted through a couple 5:40's and finished with a 5:06, so I know the speed is there somewhere.  Just need to keep it up for 5k.  Work has been a few busy days now with a major machine PM happening on the copper plating line I'm in charge of.  We are removing all 150 odd contact rollers, cleaning them, checking them for shorts and opens, and turning down the contact surface, which sometimes means replacing contacts if there is too much corrosion, and then putting it all back together again.  Almost at the end of that project, just hope things run well once it's back together, or else it's back to the drawing board to try to deal with this persistent burning problem that has been troubling that machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment