2010/11/01

Quality's not a race

No age group award for me on Saturday.  The group I was with all ran together for the 5k, and came in at a blazing 29:57, which I'm pretty sure makes this the slowest race I have ever done, topped maybe only by the canoe sections of the Tri-loppet.  It was also super fun.  We spent most of the race throwing banana peels at each other, getting taken out by Kesh the blue shell, putting on mushroom powered bursts of speed (except without actual mushrooms, cuz they are gross) in general behaving like the Mario Kart characters we were representing.  The Luigi beard and overalls made me look more like a hillbilly than a plumber I think, good thing I had the big L on my head to set people straight.

After the easy day Saturday I decided to go tire myself out a bit.  I put in a solid 34 mile rollerski Sunday over my favorite course in the Northfield area.  The weather was perfect and I had just enough food and Heed to make the distance.  The muscles felt pretty good throughout, but the joints started to feel the distance by the end.  All in all I think I'm close to ready for West Yellowstone, just need to work on the double pole a bit more, and hope the snow arrives in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment