2010/11/19

West Yellowstone

Taking off tomorrow for the big West Yellowstone ski festival.  Not looking forward to the drive, but the skiing should be great.  They have enough snow for groomed trails already with more on the way.  I've been out crust skiing nearly every day since the snow fell, but goofing around for an hour at a time is a far cry from 5-6 hours of training every day for a week, so we'll see how the fitness is when the P-tex hits the snow.

I'm traveling out with 3 other former or current U of M skiers so the ride should be entertaining, and I'll have people to ski with throughout the week, not that that is a problem with the teeming masses of skiers that descend on the sleepy town for this week every year.  I'm also hoping to get to spend a day or two with my sister who lives a few hours south in Logan, UT and is planning to come up and ski too.

Tonight I'm heading up to Midwest Mountaineering for their big winter expo and to help several people pick out skis.  Should be a good time, plenty of exhibits of interest to me, and I always love ski shopping, even if it isn't me getting the skis.  I'll have pictures and training info from West Yellowstone next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment