2010/11/03

The yardwork training conundrum

This has been a pretty busy week, and while I don't feel like training has really taken the back seat it has, but I had a couple gems for workouts when I did get some training in.  Monday we did the Dennison ride and I put on a big burst over the top of Dog hill.  When I saw that I had broken up the pack I put my head down and hammered most of the 2 miles from the crest of the hill to the sprint line, effectively turning it in to a time trial.  I like these short duration high effort bursts, they let you push way past your comfort zone knowing the end is quickly approaching.  Then it was off to the Orchestra that evening.  It was a fun night, the music was good, and I haven't been to Applebees for appetizers in a long time.  All in all a great time hanging out with Annie, Kesh, and Mike.  Then yesterday we did a pole run, 1 hr where I pushed the pace as hard as Jim could handle and hit every hill I could find in the lower arb.  I really worked on transitions as the terrain changed, hopefully I can carry this into my classic skiing this winter.  Then a couple hours of raking leaves until it was too dark to see.  I also got a new modem and voted, so a pretty full day yesterday.  Today the ride was pretty low key, and I have church photo this afternoon then dining out, so I don't know if I'll get another workout in today.  Have to hit intervals or double pole tomorrow I think or the rollerskiing will start to slip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment