2010/12/22

Another Friday Night

What's the best cure for a lonely frustrating Friday?  Pulling out the RCS skates for their first run of the season and sailing along through 50k at Hyland in the dark.  It was nice to push off all excuses and just do a long workout, probably my last one in a while with christmas stuff piling up pretty quickly now.  I had to go to the cities anyway, and after wandering around looking for the FedEx building for a while I was sick of being in the car and just wanted to ski.  After a couple laps I really wanted to quit and go home so I could eat supper and sleep, but knew workout time would be hard to come by with my brother's graduation the next day, and an evening of hanging out with his friends, so I kept at it and the 3rd lap breezed by.  The fourth lap I was starting to feel the hurt from pushing hard over some of the smaller hills, just to keep a little feel for a fast tempo, and so I decided to hit one lighted loop at a hard pace just to wrap up the evening.  Then home to crash into bed in what would be the first of a growing string of short nights.  I'll hopefully have time to catch up on sleep during the holidays, maybe even spend some time at my house, although that seems unlikely to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment