2010/12/15

I miss racing

It feels like it's been a slow start to the ski season.  Hoigaards relays is usually a good wake up call how hard I need to be training to really ski fast, and missing it this year has kind of left my season without a benchmark to work off of.  I did 3x10 min intervals yesterday at the arb.  Covered about 2.8k each interval, which is really slow, but considering it was cold, in the dark, and on soft and unreliable snow I am not too worried yet.  Hoping to get in a race soon, maybe I'll come to the cities for the Como championships on the 26th, or else I probably won't race until the Pre-loppet on Jan. 8 which seems really far away.  With the holidays and everything it is just hard to get a free weekend day for ski racing.  In the mean time I hope to start doing more speed work to jump into the racing season ready to put up good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment