2010/12/13

Filter Away

A non-training related post for those readers who thought this was just going to be a training blog.  Ok, so I don't think I actually have readers, but if I did I'm sure thats what they'd be thinking.

We have an engineer here who is very talented at working with access databases.  When I started at this job nearly all process records were still in paper logs, so if you wanted data you had to go out to the process floor, get the log, and type the data into a spreadsheet yourself if you wanted to work with it.  Now everything is in a database; great for data security, and super great for lazy engineers like me who like to look stuff up without having to wander all over the place.  I asked for a filter to be added to the already great records searching page the database has, and I got far more than expected.  I got a "Free Form Criteria" option that lets me choose what I want to filter by, what criteria to apply, and over what range.  This is super cool in a really geeky kind of way.  Here is a picture of some of the great data filtering options now available to me.

As long as I'm posting pictures, here are couple more great ones.  The "team" of co-workers I ski with decided to get ski uniforms this year, since a couple of them don't have any and it ain't ski racing if you aren't in flashy spandex.  We worked up a logo to go on the uniforms based on our team name (Equipe Multek Cross Country or EMXC) and here is how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment